Select your timezone:
Select

Grass Season 2017 Road to Wimbledon

Subscribe
Grass season is here already after long period of clay and long rallies, we will see a short rallies and super fast ball movement. Every year we find some new players with ability to play very good at this surface, but what about the elite players? Like always Andy Murray, Roger Fedderer, Novak Djokovič, Marin Čilič, Miloš Raonič and clay king Rafael Nadal is most likely to win some titles on grass and get ready for big one Wimbledon.
But who is most fit to take most titles? Who is going to make strategy to win Slam?
Let's talk about it, everyday i will write my short opinion on it and i hope you will write yours.
Join: 2016/02/13 Messages: 403 Thanks: 285
I really like this idea, lets wait for more info and other opinions
Join: 2015/02/17 Messages: 275
I could write a little bit about Andy Murray, maybe something about Jamie too, but he is in doubles.
So Andy will start his grass court season this week in Queens. He didnt parcitipate in any of tournaments on grass before Sturtgart or Hertenbosch, or mini aegon.. that is ofcourse understandable he is still no.1 in world and playing in this mini tournaments wont make any difference. So preparation started after Roland Garros, few day's after he lost. So with clay court season wasnt so hard for him, he was able to keep his power level up high, if we compare to Rafael Nadal, because he is not able to perform now, after such hard season on clay. Andy have a lot of power and strenght left for all grass...
Andy - Like always he is training at home, in UK. As we can see in Instagram he is doing well, very well, like every year. So last year Wimbledon champion will be ready for sure, only what matters is his mini injuries, maybe motivation and health.
He is one of players who can win it for sure.. coming along with Roger,Djokovic.
Join: 2017/06/18 Messages: 107
Novak Djokovič - Having the one of the worst years in tennis, if we could say that. He has dropped from no.1 last year to no.4 in this year.. Of course he plays, he wins, but not so often, we dont see a titles in his hands. What is the problem? Still we dont know.. Boris Becker left.. Djoko even start to do YOGA and other strange things to keep his body O.K. Still something wrong, we dont see those results like before.
This year Wimbledon? Let look at it.. Djoko dropped out from French Open in early stages. He didnt play in first grass tournaments, so i guess he do have a lot of strenght now, only question is do he want to play ? Or he cant play?
Road to Wimbledon ? Queens, Halle? We wont see Djokovic there.. Instagram,twitter wont show us much.. But i guess he will be ready for GS.
In the end - I would say, dont expect much from Djokovič.... but other side say's never underestimate Novak Djokovič EVER. - So for sure i can say - QF we will see him there. He wont loose in early rounds.
Murray lost in queens... That so strange.
tennisclub wrote: Murray lost in queens... That so strange.
For sure... but sometimes some things happens.. only question why he lost
Join: 2017/06/18 Messages: 107
Marin Čilič - One of the strong, big guys. Today he lost in Queen's final, but he is still one of the few who can score at Wimbledon. Two first grass tournaments Bosch and Queens was unclucky, but still its SF and F.. Its good result, now he should rest and wait for Wimbledon, he is in good shape already, he will get better for sure.
Guns to win title : Serve - serve is very important on grass and Marin has it. Not only he serves strong and fast, but his serve is very dangerous on this surface because of his trajectory. Its fast and low, very dangerous.
Tall and fast : Killer combination, he is both, fast and tall, you cant just easy throw a ball over him, he will reach it. Also you cant fight him easy on baseline he is very good there. he can reach all balls, long hand helps him near net too.
Forehand and backhand is very good, very controlful.
Marin - Is one of better players, very dedicated, its nice to watch him play, he always try to do hist best perfomance, so he is one of many dangerous players on grass.
Miloš Raonič - One of the big guy's last year finalist. Always fantastic to watch him playing on grass, what else we can say? He is big, he has good serve, but that not all.. With good serve you can only win your game's... but what about his play on court?
Miloš is big guy, so we expect him to be slow - but NO. He is fast, much faster if we compare to John Isner. Miloš can run very good, he can reach a lot of balls, at rallies he stands very strong, he have good technique for long rallies, he can cut, he can spin ball.
Receving the serve is interesting place - if he plays versus weak server, its best place for him to attack, if versus strong serve, he uses different tactic to return ball, and try his strategic rally. He is ready for all serves.
Ofcourse with that body he isnt the Usain Bolt, but he can catch a lot.
He is still young, very young, but last year has showed us, he is one of pretendators to win this Slam at Wimbledon, he have what player need to have to win it : Strong serve, good body, a peaceful mind, motivation, he is young and have a lot of power
Feliaciano Lopez - One of big guy's but not real server dangerous player. Yes he do have a serve, a strong one, but what i could say about him this year on grass. He is very dangerous, he will succed some rounds, and if he would meet a injuried Andy here, i dont know, i could say we dont know who would win. Lopez a great guy , he plays very good on basseline, he can protect him self, he have a great slice shot, a dropshot, a very nice forehand.. sometimes he strugles with all that style of playing, a lot of different shots, but now its working superb. I dont say he will reach the final, or win it.. but he can make serious damage on court, for Djokovic, Murray, Čilič. With that style of defense, good serve, experience on different surfaces and grass, with title this year on grass.. cmon he can do very good here.
Join: 2017/06/18 Messages: 78

Day 4 recap
Join: 2015/02/17 Messages: 275
Nice shots!