Select your timezone:
Select

FIFA Confederations cup 2017

Subscribe
The 2017 FIFA Confederations Cup will be the 10th FIFA Confederations Cup, a quadrennial international men's football tournament organised by FIFA. It will be held in Russia, from 17 June to 2 July 2017, as a prelude to the 2018 FIFA World Cup.

Official website - fifa-com/confederationscup/index-html

embeded-image

This tournament winners:

1997m. - Brasil embeded-image
1999m. - Mexico embeded-image
2001m. - France embeded-image
2003m. - France embeded-image
2005m. - Brasil embeded-image
2009m. - Brasil embeded-image
2013m. - Brasil embeded-image

FIFA Confederations cup 2017 participants:

Russia embeded-image - As tournament hosts, Russia qualify automatically for the 2017 FIFA Confederations Cup.

Germany embeded-image - By winning the 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil™, Germany guaranteed themselves a slot at the FIFA Confederations Cup Russia 2017.

Cameroon embeded-image - Cameroon will represent Africa after winning the CAF Africa Cup of Nations Gabon 2017. The Indomitable Lions came from behind to beat Egypt 2-1 in the final in February.

Australia embeded-image - Australia qualified for Russia 2017 by winning the 2015 AFC Asian Cup. The Socceroos lifted the trophy on home soil, edging out Korea Republic 2-1 in a dramatic final on 31 January 2015.

Portugal embeded-image - Portugal beat France 1-0 in extra-time of the UEFA EURO 2016 final on 10 July 2016 to earn the right to represent Europe at the FIFA Confederations Cup Russia 2017.

Mexico embeded-image - 2015 CONCACAF Gold Cup winners Mexico won a one-match head-to-head play-off against 2013 Gold Cup champions USA to seal their place at Russia 2017.

New Zealand embeded-image - New Zealand won the OFC Nations Cup, which was played in Papua New Guinea May-June 2016, and they will represent Oceania at the FIFA Confederations Cup Russia 2017.

Chile embeded-image - Chile will compete in the FIFA Confederations Cup for the first time after winning the 2015 Copa America. The hosts of the South American showpiece triumphed, beating Argentina 4-1 on penalties.
Join: 2011/11/24 Messages: 1148 Phone: LT
Russia vs New Zealand

This Confederations Cup will open with this match where hosts Russia will play with New Zealand. Guests New Zealand is weakest team of this tournament. Their current rank 95 at FIFA ranking. Of course some of their players have european experiences, but they are playing mostly at lower leagues and for not so strong clubs. A few days ago Belarus even not with so strong players won 1-0 against them. So more strong Russia at home and at opening match of tournament sure will win. Also I dont expect New Zealand will score against them, because traditionally Russia play good at defence.

Russia will win to nil @1.95 WilliamHill
Join: 2013/07/31 Messages: 88 Thanks: 34
I have Russia -1.5 at Bet365 with @2.00
Join: 2015/12/16 Messages: 253 Thanks: 16
Cameroon vs Chile

embeded-image

I believe in good chances for us seeing at least three goals here between these two teams in their first match at the Confederations Cup.

Cameroon are coming from a 0:4 defeat in their friendly up to this tournament against Colombia, and they have played three of their last five matches in all competitions over 2.5 goals. Chile are coming from a dissapointing defeat on 2:3 against Romania, but have played three of their last four matches in all competitions over 2.5 goals, and scored at least two goals in three of their last four matches.

Both teams should be looking to get the best possible start at the tournament, and given their recent matches I see fine chances for at least three goals here.

Over 2.5 @2.05 Bet365
Like Russian comentator said - This tournament is for goal's over's ...
Join: 2017/06/18 Messages: 78
Thats the reason why I take this one 😁

Mexico vs New Zealand

embeded-image

There is second round game at Confederations Cup between Mexico and New Zealand. After first round games it is clear that New Zealand is the weakest team of this tournament. They lost here to hosts Russia with score 0-2 where they didnt perform well. If even Russia with not strong players at attack could score 2 goals them, I am sure Mexico will score more. They have very good players at attack and dont expect New Zealand are able to stop them. Also Mexico have to score more than Russia, because at even points goal difference will be important. So here expect 2 goals at first half.

Over 1.5 1st half @2.20 Bet365
Anyone have video with Mexico - New Zealand fight in the end of the match?
Join: 2017/06/19 Messages: 6
Carlo wrote: Anyone have video with Mexico - New Zealand fight in the end of the match?
I saw somewhere in reddit
Portugal vs Chile

embeded-image

There is semifinal game at Confederations Cup between Portugal and Chile. I dont expect easy life here for european champions so will try Chile not to lose match after 90 minutes. Of course till now Portugal performed well at group stage. They ended their group at first place with 7 points, 2 win and 1 draw. Draw with score 2-2 was against Mexico where they conceded goal at last minute of match. But against Chile will be different story. Because south americans also advanced to semifinal without lose at group stage. They won Copa America in last 2 tournaments, so here they are able even win this match.

Chile +0.5 @1.60 Unibet