Select your timezone: Select

CS:GO: FACEIT Major 2018

Reply Subscribe
One of the biggest CS:GO events will take place tommorow. Best 16 teams from over the world will take part in the FACEIT Major tournament. It should be very interesting tournament with a lot of highlights and emotions. Tournament starts september 12th and ends september 23th

embeded-image

This tournament is same as previous Major tournaments. Major tournaments in CS:GO are the best and the most worth tournaments of the year. Every single player dreams to play in this such an amazing tournament behind the fans from over the world.
The best 8 teams had garantuee places in this tournament, the other 8 was qualified by winning minor champhionships.

TTournament media and informational sources

Official tournament page - faceitmajor.com/

CS:GO community and informational website - hltv.org/

Tournament streams -

Twitter - twitter.com/FACEIT

Facebook - facebook.com/FaceitCommunity/?ref=br_rs

Prize pool, money and status of the team for the places

embeded-image

Participating tems:

embeded-image

Tournament format

The format will be kept the same as the previous majors.

There will be four regional qualifiers and two from each qualifier will move on to the main qualifier.

In the major qualifier, the top eight teams from the pool of sixteen will move on to the major. The teams will play in a 16 team Swiss tournament. Teams with three wins will move on to the major and teams with three losses will be eliminated. The teams that move on will be known as "Challengers".

The top eight teams from the previous major will receive automatic bids to the major; these teams are known as "Legends." The group stage of the tournament will also be a 16 team Swiss tournament. Teams with three wins will move on to the playoffs and become the new Legends. Teams with three losses will be eliminated and will be invited to the next major's offline qualifier.

In the playoffs, eight teams will play in a single elimination, best of three bracket. Teams will play until a winner is decided in the finals.

Tournament matches will be played in London "SSE Arena"

embeded-image

Betting

Our CS:GO FACEIT Major tournament betting picks

betblog.com/e-sport/csgo-faceit/

Tournament favourites by odds in Pinnacle

embeded-image

Recommended bookies for this tournament and for whole eSports betting

Alternative Pinnacle links:

Link #1 Link #2

Alternative Bet365 links:

Link #1 Link #2
Join: 2011/11/24 Messages: 1148 Phone: LT
Besides that I'm NIP fan they worth a try with that odds for a winner. With new in gaming leader lekr0 they improving with each match. Also they played great against Astralis and I see a lot of potential for them.
Join: 2010/12/13 Messages: 53 Thanks: 1
I really considering betting on Natus Vincere against Astralis. Astralis after a tournament where they lost final to the North and after it they had this FACEIT Major qualification and I they played differently and now looks weaker. Maybe emotional exhausted? It could play a big role in tonight's match especially when it's the first match and the lost wouldn't be catastrophe for them. Motivation IMO for the Natus Vincere is bigger at this stage.
Join: 2014/12/23 Messages: 308
Great win for NIP against mousesports. Again they played in the Mirage and again they looked improved in this map. I'm excited to see how NIP will look in the other maps.
Today's matches schedule

embeded-image

Live stream:

Tommorow's schedule. Unlucky draw for TOP teams.

embeded-image
FaZe - mouesports

I'm going here with FaZe full confidence. They are struggling at the moment but overall with that roster they are one of the best and of the most dangerous teams in CS:GO. Meanwhile mousesports are playing terrible and seems that they didn't prepared for the Major well. Actually I heard some rumours about mousesports that there are problems inside the teams and some of the team players are having different approach and this could be the reason why they playing that bad. One of the team will loose and go to the Minor challenges but I'm pretty sure that this team will be mousesports. So my bet FaZe @1.666 in Pinnacle
FACEIT London Major finals to be broadcast on Sky Sports

The FACEIT London Major is currently deciding which teams will reach the final stage of the competition, which will now be broadcast live on Sky Sports.

This partnership marks the first time Sky Sports will broadcast Counter-Strike: Global Offensive esports, providing coverage over September 20th-23rd.

embeded-image

The deal includes an exclusive one-hour documentary focusing on the road to the Major, a highlights programme, and a live broadcast of the finals on Sky Sports’ digital channels.

Michele Attisani, CBO & Co-Founder of FACEIT discussed the deal in a statement: “Bringing the FACEIT London Major to an entirely new audience is extremely exciting for us. We have been working closely with the team at Sky to ensure all of their content is both accessible and entertaining. It’s essential we strike that balance between offering enough CS:GO information to ensure viewers understand what’s going on, whilst maintaining the entertainment value that keeps fans absorbed.”

The FACEIT London Major is sponsored by HyperX, Betway, DreamTeam, SteelSeries, DXRacer, Epics.gg, and Zowie. The event boasts a $1,000,000 (£766,190) prize pool and major bragging rights.

Georgie Faulkner, Head of Multi Sports at Sky Sports also commented on the partnership: “FACEIT Major is one of the world’s biggest esports events, and we’re delighted to be able to bring the London finals to a whole new audience. We’re no stranger to world of esports, but this is the first time we have broadcast competitive CS:GO and we can’t wait to get started. With a sold-out SEE Wembley Arena, and some of the biggest names in the game, we’re sure our viewers will love it.”

There are other viewing alternatives, of course: Twitch, Youtube, and through GOTV in the CS:GO client.
Joshas wrote:

FaZe - mouesports

I'm going here with FaZe full confidence. They are struggling at the moment but overall with that roster they are one of the best and of the most dangerous teams in CS:GO. Meanwhile mousesports are playing terrible and seems that they didn't prepared for the Major well. Actually I heard some rumours about mousesports that there are problems inside the teams and some of the team players are having different approach and this could be the reason why they playing that bad. One of the team will loose and go to the Minor challenges but I'm pretty sure that this team will be mousesports. So my bet FaZe @1.666 in Pinnacle

Great pick, thank you!
Tommorow's schedule

embeded-image
Last matches before the playoffs. All the matches will be played BEST OF 3 maps

embeded-image
Liquid - HellRaisers

I'm going with Liquid. They demonstrates very good form and communication in very tough situations. They started tournament well prepared and seems that they go just for the trophy. Meanwhile HellRaisers I would say already made an a great achievement for the team and most of the player even didn't play in the Major playoff stage. They are good team and has a lot of potential but still they have a lot of work to do to improve. Liquid 1.5 map @1.684 Pinnacle

embeded-image

Astralis - FaZe

Well, well the match which easily could be a final in any tournament. Two tops and well known team with a lot of talent and great individual players. Astralis Nr.1 in the CS:GO rankings and they playing great CS:GO no matter in what situation they put on. They fight and never give up, great mentality overall. FaZe with some one of the most paid players and their frag machine NiKo. FaZe started the group stage terrible and seems that they made some changes and adjustments. One of the changes to make NiKo IGL and put karrigan on the other role. And this seems work very well for them because new strategies makes the team more flexible in tactics. Besides all facts the match between 2 top teams and because of the high odds I must go with the FaZe. FaZe win @3.00 Pinnacle