UEFA: EURO 2016

Subscribe
Official website www-uefa-com/uefaeuro/index-html

Groups

embeded-image
Join Our Telegram Channel >>> https://t.me/+fmIhMmyw0dMwZWI0
Join: 2007/06/26 Messages: 2763
EURO Cup 2016: Its History, Stats and Facts

The 15th edition of UEFA European Championship will take place this year in France. The 24 teams from Europe have been already qualified for the final competition beginning from 10 June, 2016. But do you know how EURO Cup was started? Don’t worry in this post we will share everything you need to know about EURO Cup and its history.

embeded-image

What is EURO Cup?

It is a quadrennial international men’s football championship of Europe organize by UEFA. The competition has been started in 1960 an since then it has been played every four years.

How EURO Cup started?

The idea for a pan-European football tournament was first proposed by the French Football Federation’s secretary-general Henri Delaunay. The 1960 the tournament held in France, had four teams competing in the finals out of 17 that entered the competition. Since then every time more teams started to participate in the competition. Until 1976 only 4 teams are competing in final rounds.
Since 1980 it expanded to 8 teams with group rounds. After huge interest of other teams from Europe it increased to 16 teams. Since then 16 teams are playing in final rounds until 2016. This year EURO Cup will be the first EURO Cup to have 24 teams which are divided in 6 groups.

Team records in EURO Cup.

Current champion Spain and Germany are the teams with the highest number of EURO cups. Both the countries have won it 3 times. Spain is the only country to win it consecutive in 2008 and 2012. 2016 EURO Cup host France has won it 2 times. Other than them Soviet Union, Italy, Czech Republic, Netherlands, Denmark and Greece have won this title 1 time each.

embeded-image

After winning EURO Cup for 3 times, Germany has also played the most number of matches in EURO Cup History. Here we have prepared the complete list of records in EURO Cup history.

Most matches played - Germany (43)
Most wins - Germany (23)
Most losses - Denmark (14)
Most Draws - Italy (15)
Most goals scored - Germany (65)
Most goals conceded - Germany (45)

Individual records in EURO Cup history.

French player Michel Platini is unarguably the most successful player of EURO Cup history. Michel Platini holds the record of most number of goals in final tournament. However, Cristiano Ronaldo is the highest number of goals scorer including qualifying rounds. Check complete list below:

Most goals scored in Finals competition - Michel Platini (9)
Most goals scored including qualifying - Cristiano Ronaldo (26)
Most hat-tricks - Michel Platini (2)
Fastest hat-trick - Michel Platini (in 18 minutes)
Most clean sheets - Edwin van der Sar and Iker Casillas (9)
Most goals conceded - Peter Schmeichel (20)

Credit to www-sportsmirchi-com/euro-cup-20 --- and-facts/
Join: 2011/11/24 Messages: 1148 Phone: LT
Albania vs Switzerland

Euro Championship Group Stage Round.
Group A.
Albania is going to play against Switzerland.

The big favorites of this group is France who started the group with win over Romania. All the other teams will try to play for the second and the third places. Switzerland is maybe the second better team of this group. They have to win this game if they want to hope to qualify for the next stage as Romania looked very strong yesterday and wont be easy opponent for them. Albania on the other hand will try to play for the draw.

Switzerland to win in this game. Although its the first game and still they wont be at their full potential i believe easily or not they are going to take the match.

Switzerland AH -0.50 @1.95 Bet365
Benzema Wrote:

Albania vs Switzerland

Euro Championship Group Stage Round.
Group A.
Albania is going to play against Switzerland.

The big favorites of this group is France who started the group with win over Romania. All the other teams will try to play for the second and the third places. Switzerland is maybe the second better team of this group. They have to win this game if they want to hope to qualify for the next stage as Romania looked very strong yesterday and wont be easy opponent for them. Albania on the other hand will try to play for the draw.

Switzerland to win in this game. Although its the first game and still they wont be at their full potential i believe easily or not they are going to take the match.

Switzerland AH -0.50 @1.95 Bet365

Won
Spain vs Czech Republic

Euro 2016 in France , this is game rom group D between Spain and Czech Republic . In this group yesterday Croatia won in game against Turkey 1-0 and will be interesting to watch this game today .Spain is big favorite but also in my opinion Czech Republic have chance also here. I will try here over 2.5 goals because in my opinion Czech Republic will play atacking football today , because that is the only chance for good result against Spain . Odds on over 2.5 is very good and good luck.

Total goals over 2.5 @2.05 Bwin
Italy vs Sweden

ootball. EURO 2016. Italy against Sweden.
Well, this is 2 nd game for both teams in this tournament. Italy in first game 2 - 0 beaten Belgium, while Sweden played draw with Ireland 1 - 1.

So, Italy dominated in game with Belgium. Defence was great and Italy safely controlled all the game.

While Sweden struggled a lot with weaker Ireland. Then Ireland even scored firstly

So, here I think again Italy has more equal roster and will control all the match to be sure to going to next round.

Sweden looks too struggling even with Ireland, so I expect easy win for Italy.

Italy to win @2 Bet365
Join: 2015/01/31 Messages: 156
Russia vs Wales

Russia played very poor first two games, especially against Slovakia. However, with one point from England match, they still have chance to get in next level of this Euro with well result against Wales. Team from UK lost to local rival England after lead at the half time and they can have problem with pressure in front of last round. Russia have bigger experience playing on big scene and that can bring advantage to them when it comes to the close finish. Not more than two goals at the game and Russia closer to the victory in this moment, because only that result can brought next level for them

Russia to win @2.80 Bet365
Join: 2014/11/06 Messages: 119
Croatia vs Spain

Hello friends! Corresponding to the face group match , euro 2016 france , They are facing each other Spain versus Croatia , I think tomorrow's match will be a duel with many emotions , Spain is a team of very high and regular level and has many players stars like Andres Iniesta , Sergio Ramos and Morata , but its highest level this in the defense, the team of Croatia is a team with a high level , although they are very irregular , I think that in tomorrow's game Croatians need to win and Spain tie, both will not mark tomorrow, good luck!.

Both teams to score - NO @1.7 Bet365
Hungary vs Portugal

In the last round match of the group F of European Championship, in Décines-Charpieu (suburb of Lyon) will face Hungary and Portugal. Group F is the most uncertain, and all four teams have a chance for placement in the next round. Hungary after two rounds has one win (against Austria 2-0) and one draw (0-0 against Iceland, in a match in which Hungary scored a goal in the lasts minutes of the match). Portugal play poorly on this championship, after two rounds has no win, Portugal has two draws (against Iceland 1-1, and against Austria 0-0). Ronaldo has a wish to score a goal but he has no luck. He already shoted penalty kick, and miss... Ronaldo is great player and i think that in a match in which Portugal has to win, Ronaldo will score a goal - first

Cristiano Ronaldo to score first @3.40 Bet365
Poland - Switzerland

Switzerland will face Poland in the first match of Euro 2016 round of 16 at the Stade Geoffroy-Guichard in Saint-Etienne, this evening. Referee - Mark Clattenburg ( England).
SWITZERLAND didn't impressed me in the group stage, even if they ended as second after France, but in front of Albania and Romania.
They have ended the groups stage with a strategical draw against France, beat Albania just 1-0 with one more man from the first half, and they have some luck against Romania, ended 1-1.
Sommer – Rodriguez, Djorou, Schar, Lichtsteiner – Behrami, Xhaka – Mehmedi, Dzemaili, Shaqiri – Embolo
POLAND ended as second also, in a group with Germany, Northern Ireland and Ukraine.They have kept a clean sheet in their last 3 matches here. Lewandowski not scored yet, but this wasn't such a big deal, Poland reaching their goal without problems.
Fabianski – Jedrzejczyk, Pazdan, Glik, Piszczek – Grosicki, Zielinski, Krychowiak, Blaszczykowski – Milik, Lewandowski.
Poaland is undefeated in 9 of the last 10 meetings against Switzerland, and I think they will qualify today. They are better in my opinion, have a strong team, while Switzerland still looking for their best. Will be very difficult for them to score against Poland, the best defense of the EURO 2016...

Poland to win @2.67 Bet365
Poland vs Portugal

Poland are in really good shape at the moment. They have played great football so far and they are the only team that played pretty even game with Germany who are among top 2-3 teams in Europe at the moment. Poland won the last game against Switzerland after penalites shootout and that was very difficult game for them. Portugal also had difficult game against Croatia and they won it by a late goal of Quaresma in over time. This is expected to be another tough game but I think that Portugal have much more talented players at the moment and they will win this one. Good luck

Portugal to win @2.30 Bet365
Join: 2013/07/31 Messages: 88 Thanks: 34
Germany vs Italy

In their last five meetings since 2011, the two teams have scored against each other.
In this tournament Italy has been impressive defensively, conceding just one late goal against Ireland with a heavily-changed side. They also haven't lost to the Germans in their last 8 competitive meetings. However, Die Mannschaft will be looking to exploit Italian defender Daniel De Rossi's potential absence through injury. His replacement, Thiago Motto is suspended, and winger Antonio Candreva is also out.
Germany hasn't conceded a goal in the tournament yet, but Conte's Italy has found a way to confound some of the best sides, beating Spain and Belgium by a 2-0 scoreline each. Italy have also found a way to score late which could be what they need to get a result against the Germans. Graziano Pelle's two goals this tournament have both been in injury time.
Germany impressed against Slovakia in the Round of 16 and look to only be getting better as the tournament progresses. Conte is master tactician and is showing off that talent in this competition.
This will be a closely fought contest and I'm banking on these two teams canceling each other out after 90 minutes. I'm taking the generous 3.06 Odds for the Germany and Italy to draw in ordinary time.

Draw @3.06 Bet365
France - Iceland

Today in Euro 2016 quarter finals we have a game between France and Iceland. France the host are in quite a good run of form and they are playing so well at the moment so that's that about them, I would really like to talk about Iceland who I feel without the fact they are playing the host nation they stand a strong chance but now their chances are really limited as it would be incredibly hard to beat the host, however I expect a good game from them where they play well and get goals, hopefully this should run into the over 2.5 mark. GL.

Over 2.50 @2.02 Bet365
Germany vs France

The hosts France are hosting the Germans. Potentially the best game of the tournament.
There will be a long feeling out process in this one and we are unlikely to see a significant amount of goal mouth action in the first half. Both teams have consistently found a way to get the ball in the back of the net this tournament and this match will be no different. The biggest difference is that when a team takes the lead they will stop pushing numbers forward and the pressure will take it’s toll resulting in a late equaliser. This match screams draw, penalties. All the best !!

Both team to score @2.00 10bet
EURO 2016 Champions - Portugal!

embeded-image