Select your timezone:
Select

Gambling tip of the day

Subscribe
Do not chase your loses: The term *chasing loses* is a term in the gambling industry for trying to make up for one or more bad loses. If you are on a losing streak, you should either switch your game or take a break. Doing so will help clear your mind and alleviate the frustration that and lead to making more bad bets (and therefore more loses).

:dirol
Join: 2006/12/07 Messages: 29893
Manne wrote: Do not chase your loses: The term *chasing loses* is a term in the gambling industry for trying to make up for one or more bad loses. If you are on a losing streak, you should either switch your game or take a break. Doing so will help clear your mind and alleviate the frustration that and lead to making more bad bets (and therefore more loses).

:dirol
This makes so much sense, Manne. I did that the first time I played slots. I lost a little, and kept pulling the lever trying to make up for it. Finally I got wise,a nd quit. I played some Keno, won a hundred bucks, and went home!
Join: 2007/06/08 Messages: 96
cassy wrote: This makes so much sense, Manne. I did that the first time I played slots. I lost a little, and kept pulling the lever trying to make up for it. Finally I got wise,a nd quit. I played some Keno, won a hundred bucks, and went home!
I agree too. Chasing losses is probably the quickest way to the poorhouse!
Join: 2007/06/04 Messages: 85
Hotwriter wrote: I agree too. Chasing losses is probably the quickest way to the poorhouse!
Well, I try to just take a little money that I can afford to lose. That's it then.
cassy wrote: Well, I try to just take a little money that I can afford to lose. That's it then.
That's a smart move!
Join: 2007/06/04 Messages: 85
Hotwriter wrote: That's a smart move!
Well, That way I only lose that amount,. sometimes I win.