Select your timezone:
Select

Knowing when to walk away

Subscribe
Do you ever find it hard to know when to walk away? When do you think it is hardest. Probably not a surprise to others but I find it hardest to walk away when things are not going well. I just keep thinking that my luck will turn and I will start winning on the next hand. Experience has of course taught me this is generally never going to be the case.
Join: 2007/03/20 Messages: 30
Leigh wrote: Do you ever find it hard to know when to walk away? When do you think it is hardest. Probably not a surprise to others but I find it hardest to walk away when things are not going well. I just keep thinking that my luck will turn and I will start winning on the next hand. Experience has of course taught me this is generally never going to be the case.
My finances normally tell me when to walk away. I don't really think I am that bad though I tend to know that when I have a reasonable win to take my cash away and just enjoy the win rather than trying to win more and end up loosing it all back again.
Join: 2007/03/20 Messages: 25
Shane wrote: My finances normally tell me when to walk away. I don't really think I am that bad though I tend to know that when I have a reasonable win to take my cash away and just enjoy the win rather than trying to win more and end up loosing it all back again.
I don't know if there ever is a definate point to walk away but I do think it is important that people realise that it is an option and that they donnot need to sit playing if they donnot want to for whatever reason.
Join: 2007/03/25 Messages: 10
DEBBIE wrote: I don't know if there ever is a definate point to walk away but I do think it is important that people realise that it is an option and that they donnot need to sit playing if they donnot want to for whatever reason.
I go in with a certain amount of money and if i don't win with that then I let it go until next time. I'm not about to jeapordize my life for a few dollars in a game.
Join: 2007/04/05 Messages: 41
Randle wrote: I go in with a certain amount of money and if i don't win with that then I let it go until next time. I'm not about to jeapordize my life for a few dollars in a game.
I like to play quite.
If there is a noise then I feel that I should quit.
Join: 2007/04/04 Messages: 769 Thanks: 20
olbg wrote: I like to play quite.
If there is a noise then I feel that I should quit.
I do get wheh i run out of money , i make a budget before sitting , if i win its fine but if i loose then i only play tilll i fnish all my money
Join: 2007/04/04 Messages: 100
mtajim wrote: I do get wheh i run out of money , i make a budget before sitting , if i win its fine but if i loose then i only play tilll i fnish all my money
I say never bring your credit cards or debit cards with you when gambling thats how you solve that problem. Just bring a certain amount of money and leave it at that.
Join: 2007/04/05 Messages: 41
Randle wrote: I say never bring your credit cards or debit cards with you when gambling thats how you solve that problem. Just bring a certain amount of money and leave it at that.
Yes , that the way , moreover when u bring in CC , you tend to play more and more like you think you ave all thhe money on your hand
mtajim wrote: Yes , that the way , moreover when u bring in CC , you tend to play more and more like you think you ave all thhe money on your hand
Haha, thats true.
I never take cc with me when I am going for gambling.
olbg wrote: Haha, thats true.
I never take cc with me when I am going for gambling.
But if u take a huge cash with you in the club sometime you may be get danger of being robbed , so try to be carefull not to carry to much cash
mtajim wrote: But if u take a huge cash with you in the club sometime you may be get danger of being robbed , so try to be carefull not to carry to much cash
There is also a risk of being robbed legally too hehe. I mean there is a high risk of loosing. So the best thing is not to take so much money either that is cash or a card.