Select your timezone:
Select

Paypal?

Subscribe
Just wondering if anyone knows whether Paypal is an accepted method of payment to online gambling companies? I don't have much experience of online gambling as I dont feel happy giving credit card details to the companies. I do have a Paypal account though and wonder whether this may be an option?
Join: 2007/03/22 Messages: 14
Snake Eyes wrote: Just wondering if anyone knows whether Paypal is an accepted method of payment to online gambling companies? I don't have much experience of online gambling as I dont feel happy giving credit card details to the companies. I do have a Paypal account though and wonder whether this may be an option?
PayPal does not accept gambling transactions at all !
Join: 2006/12/07 Messages: 29893
Manne wrote: PayPal does not accept gambling transactions at all !
Perhaps I should have read the fine print on my account before asking. Makes sense really as it takes for ever to transfer money from my paypal account to my bank account and vice versa.
Credit cards are the only real option then.
Join: 2007/03/22 Messages: 14
Snake Eyes wrote: Perhaps I should have read the fine print on my account before asking. Makes sense really as it takes for ever to transfer money from my paypal account to my bank account and vice versa.
Credit cards are the only real option then.
I know that paypal don't allow this as part of their terms and conditions but I have seen on some sites that people openly seek to exchange cash through paypal so that they can continue betting. Apparently the two people involved agree a charge then the deal is done.
I don't know exactly how it works and to be honest think the risks involved are way to high! Plus of course it is illegal as far as paypal are concerned.
Join: 2007/02/11 Messages: 118
Wayne68 wrote: I know that paypal don't allow this as part of their terms and conditions but I have seen on some sites that people openly seek to exchange cash through paypal so that they can continue betting. Apparently the two people involved agree a charge then the deal is done.
I don't know exactly how it works and to be honest think the risks involved are way to high! Plus of course it is illegal as far as paypal are concerned.
That sounds dicey, to say the least. I do not think anyone should attempt to walk down that road.
Most sites are fairly secure - so using a credit card should not be a problem.
If paypal finds out - then they may freeze your account - so that may be a bigger disaster
Join: 2007/02/10 Messages: 38
milly wrote: That sounds dicey, to say the least. I do not think anyone should attempt to walk down that road.
Most sites are fairly secure - so using a credit card should not be a problem.
If paypal finds out - then they may freeze your account - so that may be a bigger disaster
You might get your accpunt freezed if you ever try using paypal for online gambling , they are very sensitive to these issues
Join: 2007/04/04 Messages: 100
mtajim wrote: You might get your accpunt freezed if you ever try using paypal for online gambling , they are very sensitive to these issues
Yeah you may not want to do that, you will get your account frozen and you won't be ablw to get your money until the investigate and if you did do it then they won't give you your money period.
Join: 2007/04/05 Messages: 41
Randle wrote: Yeah you may not want to do that, you will get your account frozen and you won't be ablw to get your money until the investigate and if you did do it then they won't give you your money period.
I wonder why they do not let gamble through paypal while all other payment processor have not problem with that. That would also help them for sure? Dont you think so?
Join: 2007/04/04 Messages: 769 Thanks: 20
olbg wrote: I wonder why they do not let gamble through paypal while all other payment processor have not problem with that. That would also help them for sure? Dont you think so?
Paypal just want to make sure that no any illegal work is done through them , becasue they have very high condition to work in US and they are very much liable for online trasactions is US
mtajim wrote: Paypal just want to make sure that no any illegal work is done through them , becasue they have very high condition to work in US and they are very much liable for online trasactions is US
I actually feel comfortable when it comes to paypal and their practices. I like the fact that they are safe. That makes me feel more comfortable when it comes to intrusting them with my money.
Join: 2007/04/05 Messages: 41
Randle wrote: I actually feel comfortable when it comes to paypal and their practices. I like the fact that they are safe. That makes me feel more comfortable when it comes to intrusting them with my money.
Yes , they are quite safe , but the problem with them is that , when your money freezes with them , it get very hard to solve those issues
Randle wrote: I actually feel comfortable when it comes to paypal and their practices. I like the fact that they are safe. That makes me feel more comfortable when it comes to intrusting them with my money.
Yeah thats true.
Its impossible to get the money back once you've been caught.
Thats the bad part of paypal.
Join: 2007/04/04 Messages: 769 Thanks: 20