Select your timezone: Select

Reduction in betting?

Reply Subscribe
Hi
I am getting an understanding of the implications of the new gambling laws, but am wondering after this time whether there is a marked reduction in US citizens gambling online? Any thoughts or articles would be appreciated.
Join: 2007/02/11 Messages: 118
Wayne68 wrote:

Hi
I am getting an understanding of the implications of the new gambling laws, but am wondering after this time whether there is a marked reduction in US citizens gambling online? Any thoughts or articles would be appreciated.

I can only say that, there are U.S citizens that are unaware of the whole meaning of the bill. Many americans think it's illegal to gamble but it's not.

But there are certain states in the U.S that always have had restrictions on gambling making it illegal to gamble.

Short story: the new gambling bill doesn't make it illegal to gamble if it's not already illegal due to the law in which the state you are living in.

To answer your question: There are many U.S citizens to want's to gamble but they think it's illegal so therefor they don't. But last weeks have made things a little worse for those that actually wants to gamble, where NETeller has terminated transactions for U.S account holders.

Hope that clear things up a little
Join: 2006/12/08 Messages: 206
Wayne68 wrote:

Hi

The law wouldn’t have much of an impact. “Some gambling sites will simply develop alternative payment mechanisms.

embeded-image

Online Gambling is Alive and Well in the States 😄
Join: 2006/12/07 Messages: 29893
Manne wrote:

The law wouldn’t have much of an impact. “Some gambling sites will simply develop alternative payment mechanisms.

embeded-image

Online Gambling is Alive and Well in the States 😄

I just think that it's really sad that we are suppose to be living in a free land where you can do what you want as long as you don't hurt anyone and yet we are not free to gamble our money if we are willing to do so. So much for freedom...
Join: 2007/02/12 Messages: 28
GamblingAce wrote:

I just think that it's really sad that we are suppose to be living in a free land where you can do what you want as long as you don't hurt anyone and yet we are not free to gamble our money if we are willing to do so. So much for freedom...

So why did Neteller cancell the transactions for US citizens? Was this the new law telling them that it would be unlawfull for them to go through with the transactions? Surely they must all be loosing money with this situation?
Wayne68 wrote:

So why did Neteller cancell the transactions for US citizens? Was this the new law telling them that it would be unlawfull for them to go through with the transactions? Surely they must all be loosing money with this situation?

I don't understand what their thinking is because I don't think that it'd be illegal for them to fund Americans. They're definitely losing money doing this.
Join: 2007/02/12 Messages: 28
GamblingAce wrote:

I don't understand what their thinking is because I don't think that it'd be illegal for them to fund Americans. They're definitely losing money doing this.

It dies seem strange especially when there are other alternatives that citizens can use to continue gambling. Wonder if the alternatives give the Government a bigger bite of the tax cherry?