Select your timezone:
Select

Targeting the Ladies?

Subscribe
For many years now it seems that gambling advertising has been directed primarily at men. For a while now I have seen a difference especially online in the way sites are advertised. Gone are the blondes and brunettes and in are the bright lights and glitter.
What do you think is the focus for new growth being directed at women or am I completely off track?
Join: 2007/02/11 Messages: 118
Wayne68 wrote: For many years now it seems that gambling advertising has been directed primarily at men. For a while now I have seen a difference especially online in the way sites are advertised. Gone are the blondes and brunettes and in are the bright lights and glitter.
What do you think is the focus for new growth being directed at women or am I completely off track?
At some point they had to begin to target 50% of the population. It was needed. Maybe they have realised that a lot of women are accessing a lot more sites now, and they can no longer be ignored.
Hurrah for that !!
Join: 2007/02/10 Messages: 38
milly wrote: At some point they had to begin to target 50% of the population. It was needed. Maybe they have realised that a lot of women are accessing a lot more sites now, and they can no longer be ignored.
Hurrah for that !!
Must agree with what Milly said. Advertising to men and women is completely different. There are so many more women using the web to play poker and other games that they have had to tailor advertising to suit both.
Join: 2007/03/20 Messages: 30
Leigh wrote: Must agree with what Milly said. Advertising to men and women is completely different. There are so many more women using the web to play poker and other games that they have had to tailor advertising to suit both.
Certainly gets away from the dark, smoky backroom images we are used to seeing in movies. Just thankful I am not epliepltic with all the flashing lights and glitter which seem to be a feature of many sites.
Join: 2007/03/20 Messages: 25
Shane wrote: Certainly gets away from the dark, smoky backroom images we are used to seeing in movies. Just thankful I am not epliepltic with all the flashing lights and glitter which seem to be a feature of many sites.
Judging by the sites I have visited a lot of work does go into making the experience as a whole pleasurable. Even if you don't win vast amounts the website designs and the game designs are really very good.
Join: 2007/03/25 Messages: 10