Select your timezone: Select

EUROPE: Champions League 2017/18

Reply Subscribe
Benzema wrote:

UCL semi final draw results

embeded-image

We will have a great fight between Bayern and Real while Roma can fight against Liverpool, can’t wait for the games
Join: 2010/02/27 Messages: 237 Thanks: 157
I think that we will not see many goals in the match between Liverpool and AS Roma today. Roma should try to defend and concede as less goals as possible that they would have a chance when they are going to play at home. I would guess that the result will be 1-0, 1-1 or 2-0.
Join: 2014/12/23 Messages: 352
popleli wrote:

I think that we will not see many goals in the match between Liverpool and AS Roma today. Roma should try to defend and concede as less goals as possible that they would have a chance when they are going to play at home. I would guess that the result will be 1-0, 1-1 or 2-0.

Looks like that Liverpool will keep scoring and no matter what the opponent against them. Big game yesterday ant there is no chance for Roma. It would be miracle if they would be able to comeback again.
Join: 2011/11/24 Messages: 1148 Phone: LT
Highest-scoring Champions League season yet

With 384 scored already, 2017/18 will end the most prolific UEFA Champions League season ever in terms of goals per game.

There are still four games to go in the 2017/18 UEFA Champions League, but this is already confirmed as the competition's highest-scoring edition of all time in terms of goals per game.

Roberto Firmino's first of the evening at Anfield – Liverpool's fourth – took the tally to 381 for this season, one more than the previous record set in 2016/17. By the end of the Reds' 5-2 win against Roma it stood at 384 goals in 121 matches, around 3.17 per game, i.e. every 28 minutes. Last season ended with an average of 3.04 per game (30 minutes per goal) and even if there are no more goals this season, the average will come out as 3.07 (every 29 minutes).

Cristiano Ronaldo has scored 15 of this season's goals – just under 4% of the overall total – and is on target to break his own record of 17 in a single campaign, set in 2013/14. Curiously, if goals by the 2017/18 top marksman are excluded, only 362 have been scored – at a relatively modest rate of 3.02 per game.

While this has been the most goal-heavy edition of the UEFA Champions League to date, it has not been the highest-scoring edition ever. A mighty 449 goals were netted in 2000/01, albeit at a slower rate (2.86 per game) because 157 matches were played in that season's tournament which had two group stages.
Perfect season for the all fans who are loving to see a lot of goals. I think all people prefer wide open game than the 10 defenders on the one side.
Join: 2011/11/19 Messages: 239 Thanks: 37
What do you think about today's game between Bayern and Real? I think both teams will score goals and it is worth to take over. Bayern is playing perfectly at home and they will try to take advantage before the second match in Spain. However, I think Real should score at least one goal too.
Bayern played really well in the first game but they didn't use their chances. However, they shouldn't give up and they will fight for the place in the final today. Real is playing unstably this season and we showed this against Juventus at home. However, I think that both teams are not going to end the match without scoring a goal. So, it is worth to take BTTS or 2.5/3.5 over
Join: 2012/09/14 Messages: 247 Thanks: 582
mall89 wrote:

Bayern played really well in the first game but they didn't use their chances. However, they shouldn't give up and they will fight for the place in the final today. Real is playing unstably this season and we showed this against Juventus at home. However, I think that both teams are not going to end the match without scoring a goal. So, it is worth to take BTTS or 2.5/3.5 over

Totally agree this time with you. Real Madrid looking better on the road with more discipline and the recent results in Champions league at Bernabeu shows that. Bayern must score here ant there is no doubt that they will get their chances they just need to use them and convert in to a goals.
Also @3.94 odds for Bayern to qualify in SBOBET looks ridicolous because goal from Bayern changes everything and I don't see why this shouldn't happen.
arv wrote:

Totally agree this time with you. Real Madrid looking better on the road with more discipline and the recent results in Champions league at Bernabeu shows that. Bayern must score here ant there is no doubt that they will get their chances they just need to use them and convert in to a goals.
Also @3.94 odds for Bayern to qualify in SBOBET looks ridicolous because goal from Bayern changes everything and I don't see why this shouldn't happen.

Yeah, I also agree. We will have one more intensive game this time. It is just hard to believe that Real can become Champions three times in a row. But it is the best decision to take BTTS or over 2.5 goals and over cards
Join: 2010/02/27 Messages: 237 Thanks: 157
We saw how AS Roma played against Barca at home when they won 3:0. They are going to fight again and I think both teams should score goals today. However, I don't believe that Roma can make one more miracle. BTTS
Jurgen Klopp says Liverpool will "fight for our dreams" ahead of Wednesday's Champions League semi-final second leg against Roma.

Five-time European champions Liverpool hold a 5-2 lead heading into the tie at the Stadio Olimpico and are favourites to reach the final for the eighth time in their history.

Despite conceding two late goals in last week's emphatic first-leg win at Anfield, Klopp knows his men are in the box seat to take their place in this month's final in Kiev.

"We are here to fight for our dreams - that's how it is - and we want to go to the final as you can imagine," the Liverpool boss said.

"We were very positive at Anfield, we were 5-0 up and then we conceded two and then after the game a few people had the feeling that we lost, but we didn't.

"We are still 5-2 up, meanwhile, people think Roma only need to win 3-0 but that's quite a result [to pull off].
mall89 wrote:

We saw how AS Roma played against Barca at home when they won 3:0. They are going to fight again and I think both teams should score goals today. However, I don't believe that Roma can make one more miracle. BTTS

I'm not so sure about BTTS and the odds 1.40 it's ridiculous low. Italians clubs are always known as a good defensives and tactic minded teams. I pretty sure that this match will start from the defense because If Liverpool would be able to score tonight then the probability of another miracle would go down to 0 percentages IMO. Liverpool have the result and they don't need to push too much forward. My prediction under 3.5 goals @1.82 Pinnacle.
arv wrote:

I'm not so sure about BTTS and the odds 1.40 it's ridiculous low. Italians clubs are always known as a good defensives and tactic minded teams. I pretty sure that this match will start from the defense because If Liverpool would be able to score tonight then the probability of another miracle would go down to 0 percentages IMO. Liverpool have the result and they don't need to push too much forward. My prediction under 3.5 goals @1.82 Pinnacle.

Seems easy ant fast lost ---
Champions league finalist

embeded-image
embeded-image

Roma president James Pallotta fumed at an "embarrassing" refereeing display after losing 7-6 on aggregate to Liverpool in the semi-finals of the Champions League.

Having lost the first leg 5-2 at Anfield, the Serie A side could not quite do enough to turn things around at home as they only managed to win 4-2.

They did, though, have a strong penalty appeal turned down in the second half when the ball hit Trent Alexander-Arnold's arm in front of goal.

Eden Dzeko was also brought down by Liverpool goalkeeper Loris Karius after he was flagged for offside when replays showed he was in line.

"It is very clear VAR is needed in the Champions League because you just can't let stuff like this happen," said Pallotta.

"You can all look at it yourself. Dzeko in the 49th minute wasn't offside and he gets taken down by the goalie; the 63rd minute was a handball that was obvious to everyone probably in the world except people on the pitch; the 67th minute [Patrik] Schick gets taken down in the box.

"I know it is difficult to referee but it is really embarrassing that we lose on aggregate like that.

"By the way, it should have been a red card which would have been 10 men in the 63rd minute.

"Liverpool are a great team, congratulations going forward, but if they don't get VAR in the Champions League stuff like this is an absolute joke."

Roma sporting director Monchi claimed that VAR "must" be brought into the Champions League, telling Italian television: "Congratulations to Liverpool but it is necessary to analyse what happened.

"There were two very clear penalties that were missed tonight and that changed everything, and in the first leg they scored an offside goal.

"VAR MUST COME INTO THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE. I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY THERE IS NO VAR IN THE MOST IMPORTANT COMPETITION."

What do you think?
Join: 2015/01/05 Messages: 347
Best win rate % in the Champions League over the last 4 seasons

Best win rate % in the Champions League over the last 4 seasons

L.Enrique W24 D3 L7 (Won 73%)
Ancelloti W14 D2 L6 (Won 64%)
Zidane W21 D7 L4 (Won 63%)
Pep W25 D6 L11 (Won 59.5%)
Mourinho W13 D6 L3 (Won 59%)
Klopp W11 D5 L4 (Won 55%)

embeded-image
Jurgen Klopp has warned Real Madrid that their experience of playing in Champions League finals will only take them so far on Saturday.

Real are bidding to win the Champions League for the third successive year and Klopp admits that may give them a psychological edge prior to kick-off.

However, the German also pointed out that the teams have not met competitively during that period and Liverpool's own record in Europe is not to be sniffed at as they chase a sixth crown.

"Experience is very important and I'm pretty sure that in the seconds before the game Real will be more confident than we are," he said.

"But it's not a problem because the game doesn't end in that second, it only starts.

"We have had two weeks to prepare and everything is clear. We've analysed Real Madrid playing against different teams and thought, 'wow they are really strong', but they have never played us.

"We are Liverpool. Not only are we a really good football team, it's in the club's DNA to go for the big things.

What do you pick up guys?
It will be a big Saturday. In Kiev, two strongest teams in Europe will compete for the UEFA Champions league trophy – Liverpool will fight against defending champions Real Madrid.

embeded-image

Both teams played well in this competition. Both Real Madrid and Liverpool got a bit luck – one of them played against easy opponents (expect Man City), and other got a bit luck with referee decisions. But it’s Champions League – everyone can beat anything.

Liverpool played a speculator offensive football – they scored 40 goals in 12 matches. Real Madrid didn’t score as many goals, but they were a clinical in the knockout stage – in two legs matches they scored five goals against PSG, four – against Juventus and Bayern Munich.

Bet365 offer to 2.10 odds for the 3.5 goals over. There’s a lot of chances that we’ll see more than three goals. Both Liverpool and Real Madrid have amazing players in front, both teams scored at least one goal in almost every game at Champions League this season.

As always, finals are 50/50 games, but there’s a reason to believe in Real Madrid. They didn’t have very good season in Spain, but in Champions League they always are different team – this will be the fourth final in five years for them.

We talk about very experienced team, who almost didn’t change the squad from the last season. This team won three Champions League titles in the past four years, while Liverpool didn’t have any of players, who are played in these types of games.

According betting websites, the favorite to win this trophy are Real Madrid. Bet365 offer to 2.15 odds for the Los Blancos. As I said, it’s not surprise, because Zinedine Zidane’s side knows how to win these types of games.

The biggest Real Madrid’s problem this season was the defense. They were the first, who conceded a goal against PSG and Bayern (in both matches with Germans), but they still found a way to win.

As example, Liverpool have scored first and/or scored a first-half winner in five of their last seven matches. So, there’s a chance that Real Madrid will be punished by Liverpool in the first part of the game, and Bet365 give an attractive offer to Liverpool will score first – 2.20.

embeded-image

embeded-image

embeded-image

Odds 2018-05-26 12:05
popleli wrote:

Jurgen Klopp has warned Real Madrid that their experience of playing in Champions League finals will only take them so far on Saturday.

Real are bidding to win the Champions League for the third successive year and Klopp admits that may give them a psychological edge prior to kick-off.

However, the German also pointed out that the teams have not met competitively during that period and Liverpool's own record in Europe is not to be sniffed at as they chase a sixth crown.

"Experience is very important and I'm pretty sure that in the seconds before the game Real will be more confident than we are," he said.

"But it's not a problem because the game doesn't end in that second, it only starts.

"We have had two weeks to prepare and everything is clear. We've analysed Real Madrid playing against different teams and thought, 'wow they are really strong', but they have never played us.

"We are Liverpool. Not only are we a really good football team, it's in the club's DNA to go for the big things.

What do you pick up guys?

Both teams know how to play powerfully at attacking, it is the final but we should see attacking style of football and counterattacks. However, I think it is worth to take over 2.5/3.5 goals
2017/2018 season Champions league champions!

embeded-image