Select your timezone: Select

2010 Wimbledon Championships Results

Reply Subscribe
The 2010 Wimbledon Championships results are in, and both the men’s and women’s finals yielded a few familiar champions.

Rafael Nadal emerged victorious on the men’s side. He needed just three sets (6-3, 7-5, 6-4) to dispatch No. 12 Tomas Berdych. It was Nadal’s eighth career Grand Slam title, and his second at Wimbledon. He couldn’t defend his title from 2008 because of a knee injury, but Nadal atoned for last year’s absence with a victory in 2010.

Serena Williams was equally impressive on the ladies’ side. She beat No. 21 Vera Zvonareva in straight sets, making it look easy along the way (6-3, 6-2). Williams never even lost a single set at Wimbledon this year, and the end result was her 13th Grand Slam championship. It was her third Wimbledon title, including two straight.

:dirol
Join: 2006/12/07 Messages: 29893
Manne wrote:

The 2010 Wimbledon Championships results are in, and both the men’s and women’s finals yielded a few familiar champions.

Rafael Nadal emerged victorious on the men’s side. He needed just three sets (6-3, 7-5, 6-4) to dispatch No. 12 Tomas Berdych. It was Nadal’s eighth career Grand Slam title, and his second at Wimbledon. He couldn’t defend his title from 2008 because of a knee injury, but Nadal atoned for last year’s absence with a victory in 2010.

Serena Williams was equally impressive on the ladies’ side. She beat No. 21 Vera Zvonareva in straight sets, making it look easy along the way (6-3, 6-2). Williams never even lost a single set at Wimbledon this year, and the end result was her 13th Grand Slam championship. It was her third Wimbledon title, including two straight.

:dirol

I predict a us open win for federer, us open is not the best place for nadal. I see 4 more for nadal, 1 for djokovic, 1 for murray and 1 for either roddick,delpetro,tsonga and then a newbie will come along
Join: 2009/03/14 Messages: 108
ttwarrior1 wrote:

I predict a us open win for federer, us open is not the best place for nadal. I see 4 more for nadal, 1 for djokovic, 1 for murray and 1 for either roddick,delpetro,tsonga and then a newbie will come along

I think nadal's due for an upset win at the us open. His knees look like they're much better especially with his lighter schedule and more time to rest.
Join: 2010/05/23 Messages: 22
lalaland wrote:

I think nadal's due for an upset win at the us open. His knees look like they're much better especially with his lighter schedule and more time to rest.

Nadal is relentless-he gets so many great returns, it's just so hard to get shots past him...He's gonna be tough at any venue and is almost unstoppable at the French on clay. Murray played great against him at Wimbledon in the semi-final but couldn't quite hit the winners when he needed them.
Join: 2009/05/08 Messages: 191