Select your timezone: Select

Australian Open 2018

Reply Subscribe
MoreTennis wrote:

What a match Wawa - Berankis!

That was impressive, almost as 15 year old girl
Join: 2015/12/16 Messages: 253 Thanks: 16
Australian Open 2018 is just about to start second round. Begining with the first round these two players had good matches, but of course Nishioka was more exhausted after first match and Seppi won much easier. Both players in second round will try to do their best.

Let's talk about players :

Andrea Seppi (ATP 76) - Italian player once again feeling much better on court, after being out of 100 and playing near this line, he is up to 76 position. Last week he started new season with trophy win in challenger so for now he is in very good shape and can do a lot of damage for all players. Andrea is tall player with decent serve, good tactics like serve and volley and he hits dangerous forehand hits. On grandslams where motivation is the highest, italian always shows good results.

Nishioka Yoshihito (ATP 168) - Japanese player with the fastest hands on tour, he is very fast, pretty good player and very interesting to watch. Nishioka was in top60 not so long ago, but last year he got pretty bad injury and didn't play for almost a year. Now he is back and we hope to see him running fast on court and making miracoulous saves with his talent to catch all balls.

Like a japan player he is not tall, but really fast and agressive that often helps him against tall and slower players.

In the end - I dont see how this match can end in low game score... i see minimum 4 set's between David and Golioth fight.
Join: 2016/02/13 Messages: 403 Thanks: 285
Best pick tonight for me

Fett J. - Wozniacki C.

PICK: UNDER (18.5) @1.840 7/10
Despite dropping just 5 games and covering unders in her first round match against Buzarnescu, Woz was not that safe and actually came back from a break down in the second set. The Romanian managed to do some damage with great angles and different pace. I don't see Fett coming up with such game. She hits mostly flat ball and tends to go thru the middle too much. One of the greatest defenders the game has ever seen, Wozniacki should eat up such balls pretty easily and therefor score yet another straight forward win score-wise. I am taking unders again. 19 games too many obvs.

betblog.com/picks/446273-fett-j-wozniacki-c
Join: 2014/12/29 Messages: 258 Thanks: 4
Eh my pick lost...
Not the best day for you two..
Join: 2015/02/26 Messages: 208
Marta Kostyuk 15 years old reached a 3 round... amazing
Join: 2008/02/01 Messages: 395
Australian Open, the first grand slam of the year with many good matches after break of tennis, its hard to not loose a mind, but yet we have a second round and very good match with a lot of history. Two great players of different styles will meet here, a ex no.1 Novak Djokovič and miracoulous player Gael Monfils.

Novak Djokovič (ATP 14) - Serbian, we all know everything about him, yet he have some improvements after long break without a tennis, before this tournament he didn't play for almost 7 months and that long time. He got long rehab, he made new decision in coaching staff, so now he is old brand new Nole! - He can serve decent serve, he is more flexible than before in my opinion and much more agressive, he missed tennis very much - he have that fire in eyes.

Gael Monfils (ATP 39) - Frenchman after many timeouts from tennis in last year because of injuries, he made his comeback, he even won a title in start of the season, so he is in good shape and he can fight on this one for sure. Gael is very talented player, but like many of them, he didn't get the right hand of coaching, he was very unstable, but now in few last years he is getting stronger and more stable. Monfils have superb serve, very strong forehand hits and he is fast as hell.

One con is that he can't find himself against strong players like Novak.

In the end - Both players met 16 times already and no secret Novak won all matches, but for this match i can feel, something will happen. Frenchman can make serbian sweat a lot - this match of two comebackers to tour will be great.
Thanks for review TennisClub, im up and watching this match
Join: 2014/12/23 Messages: 308
What a match between Gael and Novak! good review
Join: 2017/08/07 Messages: 55 Thanks: 19
Yeah, almost failed.. but 35 games 😄
Too easy for Sandgren. Sad that Berankis didin't realize chance to beat Wawra
Join: 2011/11/24 Messages: 1148 Phone: LT
Benzema wrote:

Too easy for Sandgren. Sad that Berankis didin't realize chance to beat Wawra

That for sure.... Wawa was playing bad, everyone could beat him
What a great match between Tsonga and Kyrgios
Whats for today?
Join: 2015/02/17 Messages: 275
Djoko, Rafa, Roger 3 candidates to win it
FOX wrote:

What a great match between Tsonga and Kyrgios

Yeah, it was
Join: 2013/07/24 Messages: 517
Australian Open is in R16 round and we have two strong guys with great serves and nice tennis play. Grigor Dimitrov will try to make revenge against Nick Kyrgios, but australian is playing at home, at this hot summer he is used to.

Nick Kyrgios (ATP 17) - The famous mouth of Australia, but it's not all about his talks or doing... Its one side of media, for me he is one of the most talented sports man ever, he can play all sports, he is very athletic, very motivated(Not always) and he have big heart. If we talk about Tennis he is very good at it, he have powerful serve, big strong shots from forehand and very good tactics against slower players.

After first title he came in perfect shape for AO and now he won against super player like Tsonga.

Grigor Dimitrov (ATP 3) - Bulgarian had 3 different matches in AO, he also had good start of season but without title yet, Grigor have really good serve, but he is not stable he can make many DF also. Still he can play very solid tennis, thats why he is no.3. Tall player like Dima can defend near net, but he also good on baselline.

In the end - Both players played this year in a final and made good over, i think in the match where players play 3 set's minimum, they for sure will take atleast one each.
Thanks for review! sound great
What a match between these to guys, a lot of aces, 3 tb
Tennys Sandgren who the hell he is? 😄 its amazing