Select your timezone: Select

Basic American freedom

Reply Subscribe
Congressman Frank means business about going after the UIGEA On the 18th of April Barney Frank will be introducing his bill to the US Congress

Read more: Barney Frank will be introducing his bill On the 18th of April

[CENTER]:dance: [/CENTER]
Join: 2006/12/07 Messages: 29893
Manne wrote:

Congressman Frank means business about going after the UIGEA On the 18th of April Barney Frank will be introducing his bill to the US Congress

More Good News

The U.S. ban on offshore Internet gambling payments is illegal, the World Trade Organization said today, upholding a previous decision that allowed for possible sanctions.

Read the story

:dirol
Manne wrote:

This is great news !!
Join: 2006/12/11 Messages: 1758
mike1 wrote:

This is great news !!

I wonder why The U.S. ban on offshore Internet gambling payments.
I didnt see anything wrong on that.
Join: 2007/04/04 Messages: 769 Thanks: 20
olbg wrote:

I wonder why The U.S. ban on offshore Internet gambling payments.
I didnt see anything wrong on that.

These offshore gambling sites dont pay any tax to US government which they dont like
Join: 2007/04/04 Messages: 100
mtajim wrote:

These offshore gambling sites dont pay any tax to US government which they dont like

If the us goverment don't get their fair share of the pie then they are going to ban you. If you owe, you pay. If you don't it's over.
Join: 2007/04/05 Messages: 41
Randle wrote:

If the us goverment don't get their fair share of the pie then they are going to ban you. If you owe, you pay. If you don't it's over.

Moreover US government tries to put its nose in almost everything on earth , even if you work for an american company sitting in syberia , then to you will be under US law.
mtajim wrote:

Moreover US government tries to put its nose in almost everything on earth , even if you work for an american company sitting in syberia , then to you will be under US law.

Yeah thats right.
Thats 100% true.
olbg wrote:

Yeah thats right.
Thats 100% true.

But i think the basic american rights also got curtailed after 9/11 , US government was not serious about many things before that
mtajim wrote:

But i think the basic american rights also got curtailed after 9/11 , US government was not serious about many things before that

That was a history.
I dont belive they still remember that and worry about that. Whats the relation between 9/11 and Internet gambling btw?
olbg wrote:

That was a history.
I dont belive they still remember that and worry about that. Whats the relation between 9/11 and Internet gambling btw?

You have to pay taxes in anything you do when it comes to making money or winning. And if you don't then you will be in trouble. It's crazy. I think that when you win money it should be tax free.
Join: 2007/04/05 Messages: 41
Randle wrote:

You have to pay taxes in anything you do when it comes to making money or winning. And if you don't then you will be in trouble. It's crazy. I think that when you win money it should be tax free.

Barney Frank, the Democrat Chairman of the House Financial Services Committee, seeks to impose a fair system of licensing and regulation for American internet gamblers.
Randle wrote:

There may not have been a great swell of support regarding online gaming in the past. But now, thanks to some improprieties on behalf of governmental officials, online gaming is the talk of the town. The momentum is building so that now our congressmen are heard to say: ”Poker is a game, not a crime.”
Join: 2006/12/20 Messages: 978
Manne wrote:

When the US Government doesn't get tax revenue, they go ballistic. Congress just can't stand to see a dollar go into someone else's pockets!
Join: 2007/06/08 Messages: 96
olbg wrote:

That was a history.

I didnt really get into the whole off shore thing but i mean it had to be a reason.
Join: 2007/06/04 Messages: 85
Hotwriter wrote:

I didnt really get into the whole off shore thing but i mean it had to be a reason.

I think the offshore thing was a way to avoid taxes, or at least to pay less in taxes.
olbg wrote:

That was a history.

Kisna, I think mtajim was just making a point that certain civil rights were taken away after 9/11 and don't believe the statement was made to have a connection with internet gambling.
Join: 2007/06/13 Messages: 21
olbg wrote:

That was a history.

I think you're right about the taxes.
Hotwriter wrote:

I think you're right about the taxes.

Let's face it, taxes make the world go round. It's a control thing.
cassy wrote:

Let's face it, taxes make the world go round. It's a control thing.

You're probably right about that!