Select your timezone: Select

Paypal Emails

Reply Subscribe
I got few emails last week from paypal.com addres saying that my account was freezed and sometime limited , and they were askng to click on link to verify it , but that mail came in my spam folder .

Was that email some kind of scam or a genuine paypal email . i am confused
Join: 2007/04/04 Messages: 100
mtajim wrote:

I got few emails last week from paypal.com addres saying that my account was freezed and sometime limited , and they were askng to click on link to verify it , but that mail came in my spam folder .

Was that email some kind of scam or a genuine paypal email . i am confused

PayPal Scam Rises Again

PayPal users are once again the targets of a hit-and-run e-mail scam aimed at conning them out of their personal and financial information.

I have seen a growing increase of these emails and I'm quite surprise that there isn't any alerts being sent to the people who has a paypal account. I have reported this matter to several authorities but imagine that nothing will be done. It appears that most of the fraudulent websites are outside the U.S

:mad:
Join: 2006/12/07 Messages: 29893
Manne wrote:

PayPal Scam Rises Again

PayPal users are once again the targets of a hit-and-run e-mail scam aimed at conning them out of their personal and financial information.

I have seen a growing increase of these emails and I'm quite surprise that there isn't any alerts being sent to the people who has a paypal account. I have reported this matter to several authorities but imagine that nothing will be done. It appears that most of the fraudulent websites are outside the U.S

:mad:

I also had same problem mtajim.
The email id seems like from paypal. They said my account is freezed. So I stopped to use that but when I logged in my account after 1 month, that was working.
Join: 2007/04/04 Messages: 769 Thanks: 20
olbg wrote:

I also had same problem mtajim.
The email id seems like from paypal. They said my account is freezed. So I stopped to use that but when I logged in my account after 1 month, that was working.

When I receive a spam email under the disguise of PayPal, I forward it to [email][email protected][/email] and they respond to it.

There's more information at their site.
Join: 2007/04/04 Messages: 70
Ricardo_1 wrote:

When I receive a spam email under the disguise of PayPal, I forward it to [email][email protected][/email] and they respond to it.

There's more information at their site.

There's alot of scam emails around nowadays.

Both paypal and different banks are on the email subjects.

Check your emails a little extra so you dont get scammed

Peace
Join: 2006/12/07 Messages: 2120
ixgames wrote:

There's alot of scam emails around nowadays.

Both paypal and different banks are on the email subjects.

Check your emails a little extra so you dont get scammed

Peace

I never ever ever click on anything pertaining to paypal even if it is real. I just go to the site so that way Im sure that I'm in the right place.
Join: 2007/04/05 Messages: 41
Randle wrote:

I never ever ever click on anything pertaining to paypal even if it is real. I just go to the site so that way Im sure that I'm in the right place.

Yeah, you may be doing that because you get alarmed before being scammed. But those who have not yet faced such emails just do what the email says.
olbg wrote:

Yeah, you may be doing that because you get alarmed before being scammed. But those who have not yet faced such emails just do what the email says.

Ok ,so they are scams , but what if paypal really send you email , which is legitimate one . what should we do then ?
mtajim wrote:

Ok ,so they are scams , but what if paypal really send you email , which is legitimate one . what should we do then ?

Actually Its hard to find whether the mail is legitimate or not. I dont know what to do. May be asking them back can be a good idea about the mail you've received.
mtajim wrote:

ok ,so they are scams , but what if paypal really send you email , which is legitimate one . what should we do then ?

As I recall, if paypal were to send you a real message, you should be able to read it in your actual account. So if you get some email claiming that your account has a freeze or something, toss out the email and go to your actual account to see if there is any sort of message about a freeze or hold or whatever.
Join: 2007/04/05 Messages: 12
crassus wrote:

ok ,so they are scams , but what if paypal really send you email , which is legitimate one . what should we do then ?

As I recall, if paypal were to send you a real message, you should be able to read it in your actual account. So if you get some email claiming that your account has a freeze or something, toss out the email and go to your actual account to see if there is any sort of message about a freeze or hold or whatever.

Yeah thats true.
The best way to confirm whether the email is legit or not is to check by loging into the account.
olbg wrote:

Yeah thats true.
The best way to confirm whether the email is legit or not is to check by loging into the account.

Ok , i will keep in mind that , but paypal has given me some much sakeups that i just get frigthene even with a small mail
mtajim wrote:

Ok , i will keep in mind that , but paypal has given me some much sakeups that i just get frigthene even with a small mail

Yeah thats true.
Paypal should really be carefull about this. They should have some system by which people can be fearless about the mails related to them.